Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentine's Day Fun

This year we mixed things up a bit. We usually spend the day before Valentine's Day making our favorite sugar cookies (see recipe below) but decided on trying a new recipe this year (besides I had to make the cookies for a YW activity the next week and didn't want to make them twice). I found a new recipe for Homemade Oreo Chocolates (yummy) and the girls had a blast making them. Warning- They can be messy!!We also made chocolate covered strawberries. Baylee and Brinley were my good helpers!! They had a blast eating all the leftover chocolate.

Rylee however, was the BEST helper of all. She slept the entire time we baked. I can only imagine what my kitchen would have looked like if she would have been out there to "help". She also insisted on wearing a heart sticker on her forehead all day. She didn't take it off until she crawled into bed that night.

After delivering our Valentine's to our friends and family, we had a fun dinner. We ate heart shaped pizza, pink drinks (as Brinley calls it), and our favorite Frozen Hot Chocolate (as seen on the Oprah show). Yes it's as good as she says!! We started this tradition in dental school when Baylee was only 1. We all gather around the drink with our own straw and drink till it's gone. We all get a brain freeze but it's worth it!!

The girls thought it was funny that I broke the pizza's heart.

We had to remind the girls to come up for air.

Rylee finished it off to the very last drop!!



I think she liked it!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun traditions and beautiful kids. You are such a good Mom. By the way those aprons are soooooo cute!!

Aspen said...

This looks like so much fun! The link wasn't working for the frozen hot chocolate, but it looks like something I MUST have the recipe for, so if you get the chance . . .

Dan and Heidi Dowdle said...

Hey Everyone! Sorry about the link not working for the Frozen Hot Chocolate. I think it's fixed now. I found it at Serendipity 3 Restaurant. Just click on the link for more shopping and it should come right up!

Happy Frozen Hot Chocolate!!

Dan and Heidi Dowdle said...

Aspen- I tried viewing your blog but we're not invited. We would love to follow your family and see the adventures of the Casper family!!

Aspen said...

Send me your email address and I'll be sure to send an invite. Rascals@wbcable.net