Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tag Time

OK, I know that I have been a MAJOR slacker with the blogging world!! What can I say, LIFE gets in the way sometimes. I got Tagged, for the first time, about a month ago from the cute Brandy that cuts (and colors) my hair for me. I then got Tagged again from one of my bestest friends in the whole world, Mandi, about two weeks ago.
I'm starting with Brandy's (sorry to take so long to respond to the tag!!)

Tag......Picture 6
This is the 6th picture from the 6th folder...

This is a picture of Baylee 2 days after her 4th Birthday. We had just moved back from Oregon 2 days before (yes we moved on her 4th birthday). We were excited to be back in Utah. We were living in my parent's basement. My parents bought this swimming pool for Baylee and Brinley and had it all set up for them for our big arrival back home. Baylee loved being in the water (still does, she is my fish). In this picture she was trying to catch the water spraying up from the side of the pool. Everytime she was in water she had to have her favorite pink goggles on (still does). She also got her new purple Tinkerbell swim suit for her birthday. She loved this swim suit. She wore it all the time and now it's too small for her.

When I opened this picture of Baylee, it brought back a bunch of memories and emotions. I remember being excited to be back home in Utah, but I was very sad to have left the beautiful state of Oregon and the wonderful friends we made up there. It was bitter sweet for us. It was a time in our lives that was very new to us. Dan and I had been married for 9 years then and had always been in school trying to reach our goal of Dan becoming a Dentist. We finally reached our goal and during this time we would often look at each other and think "now what?", 9 years of school was over, so now what are we supposed to do? What is it like being in the "real world" of working people and not in school anymore? You could say that we were sort of lost, but we quickly caught on and sent Dan to work, bought a new home, and let the student loans kick in.

When I look at Baylee in this picture, it is amazing to me how fast time flies. She is now 7 (almost 8) and becoming a beautiful young lady. She's a great help to me and a wonderful example to her younger sisters!!

I Tag Mandi, Amy, Ashley, Wendy, Kelsie, and Kim

Go to your 6th folder and then to your 6th picture and tell us about it. I'm excited to see your picture!!

Stay tuned for my second Tag from Mandi...

No comments: