Friday, January 20, 2012

So it's been a while!!

Sometimes life gets in the way of what I want to do. What do I want to do you ask? Well I want to blog. Sure it's been a while, 2 years as a matter of fact. Oops, my bad! I love blogging and sharing my thoughts, experiences, and pictures of my life. I was doing so well keeping up with Dowdle Dayz! Then...my life got CRAZY!!! First, we got a new dog, love him, but honestly it's harder than having a baby (just an FYI). Second, we bought a new dental practice. Love it, but I feel like we live there and that the work takes up my blogging time. Third, my camera died. We bought a new one and it never worked right (took red pictures). Fourth, my computer died (printer too). It took hours to upload pictures to the computer and more hours getting the pictures on the blog. Then I got a new computer and it was so different, I had no idea how to use it. Couldn't figure out how to upload pictures. It was maddening!! So with all these things (plus running a family) I gave up blogging. I wanted to blog but it was just so frustrating with my little obstacles. I have felt guilty not keeping up on the blog and I have missed it a ton. So I made a goal that I was going to figure this all out! And here I am BLOGGING again! I can't promise that you'll see a post every week but hopefully every month. That's my goal for this year, a post a month. I might surprise you and add more a month, but we'll start with just one for now!

3 comments:

Ashley Bennion said...

YAY!!!

Wendy said...

So happy to see you back! LOVED your Christmas card. As always. Don't know how you put those things together! We weren't even able to get a printout together this year. (Or last year, however you want to look at it.)

A new dental practice? In addition or did you sell the old one?

It is crazy how life takes over. You do what you have to do. Can't wait to read more when you have time!

Dan and Heidi Dowdle said...

Hi Wendy! We still own the same dental practice. When we bought it (January 2010) that's when all my blogging time started to disappear. And all our cameras and computers started breaking. It's just taken me 2 years to fix everything and find the time I need to get back to the blog.

Good to hear from you! Hope all is well with your adorable family!