Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Candle Light Dinner

One of our favorite family traditions is our Christmas Candle Light Dinner. It's the one night of the year that we eat the best, give cheers to our blessings and best wishes to the new year, get new ornaments for the tree, check out all the Christmas lights around town, and get our picture taken with Santa (that's Dan's favorite part)! My Mom & Dad do all the work and they love this night. We have done this dinner since I was--well I can't remember back that far. The table is set beautifully, with no extra room on it. It's filled with fun surprises and yummy desserts.

This year we had a few extra Elves running around the house helping. My Mom had these hats made and gave to the girls. They loved having them on all night.

My brother Doug and his wife Paola were in town from Rhode Island. It was an extra special treat having them here to enjoy this celebration! Our girls love these guys and miss them while they are in RI but get all their attention while they are here.

We also had Grandpa and Grandma Cowdell (my Mom's parents) there to help us celebrate. We always love having them around too!!

After dinner, it was time to see Santa. Rylee didn't like him very much so she just stood in front. Later we did get her on Baylee's lap. That's as close as she would go.

Every year growing up we had to sit on Santa's lap, even when I got married. Lucky Dan to have married into this family! My Mom made Dan a deal that when we had kids we wouldn't have to sit on Santa's lap anymore. When Baylee came around 7 years ago, she took center stage and Dan and I were free of Santa--UNTIL this year. The last picture she has of us sitting on his lap was when I was pregnant and VERY SICK. I look like I'm going to lose is all over Santa and his white beard. Since Doug and Paola were in, we had a family picture update.

Everybody say "CHEESE"!


We have a ton of fun on this night. We laugh and cry together and build new memories every year. I think I am still full though from all the good and I mean good food!! Until next year. Cheers!!

4 comments:

Kim Pedersen said...

Looks lie a super fun tradition! It was fun to see your brother and sister. Time goes so fast, Everyone gets older-EXCEPT US RIGHT????

Kristie said...

What a fun party! Such a fun night to look forward to every year! The table looks amazing and I love that you and Dan had to sit on Santa's lap! HaHa!! Cute girlies as always!

Kelsie said...

Cute pictures and what a fun tradition! And I love that you all sat on Santa's lap ... Rob ended up there with our girls, but I feel kind of bad that I missed out! :)

Janica Petersen said...

What a fun tradition!! It was fun to see your parents and bro and Sis. Last time I saw your sister she was about 3-4 yrs old. I was trying to figure out who she was! hahaha Say Hi to the family.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!