Sunday, July 12, 2009

Shop 'till You Drop

One of my favorite times of the year is when we go to St. George for our girls weekend out. We have so much fun! I go with my Mom, Sister, Grandma, Aunt, Cousin, and Baylee. We decided to go in June this year because last year when we walked out of Tuacahn at midnight in August is was still over 100 degrees outside. Way too HOT for me!! The weather was perfect this time, I really can't complain. We left on Baylee's last day of school and headed straight to Cracker Barrel in Spanish Fork. We always spend way too much time there eating and SHOPPING. It's a little country store with some fun items to buy. From there it's off to St. George. As soon as we got into town we headed to get pedicures. We had to prepare our feet for 4 days of SHOPPING and having fun!
Here's all of our pretty toes. My cute Grandma has the green-plaid toes. I think we all liked hers the most. She's so stylish and might I add the best SHOPPER of us all.
Then we checked into the hotel and snarfed some pizza down before we headed over to Tuacahn to see Annie. Loved it by-the-way!
We made it just in time. Here is my Mom Debbie, Sister Krista and Baylee...
my cousin Brooke, Aunt Judy, and Grandma Ina...
Baylee sat on the edge of her seat during Annie. She sang along with the songs and even danced a little in her seat. She thought it was pretty cool to get her picture taken with the STAR of the show--Annie herself!
And the other STAR of the show--Sandy the dog. Sandy's real name is Booger. Baylee thought that was the funniest name to give a dog.
The next day, we started the day off with a nice relaxing massage from Massage Envy. Baylee plays her DS and eats circus peanuts in the waiting room while the rest of us are off relaxing. After our not long enough massage we headed next door to see UP in 3-D. We loved it!!! After the movie it was off to the stores for yes-SHOPPING!
You can't go to St. George and not go to Pancho and Lefty's. It is my all time favorite place to eat (I just wish there was one up in Salt Lake). We all ordered the Shrimp Enchilada, even Baylee loves it. I think Baylee drank most of the salsa. She just kept stuffing the salsa in with a few chips.
After dinner we headed to Tuacahn again to see the opening night of Footloose. Loved that one too. I didn't get any pictures that night. Oops!
We usually only go to St. George for 3 days, but decided that wasn't long enough, so we stayed one more day and drove into Las Vegas to do MORE SHOPPING!! The new outlet mall there is amazing. So many fun stores to SHOP in.
I spent most of my time in the Disney Store with Baylee. She was in Disney Heaven and wanted everything in the store and if she didn't want it for herself, she wanted to buy it for her sisters back home with Dad.
Later we went SHOPPING down the Strip. We headed down to the M&M Factory and SHOPPED some more. Now Baylee was in M&M Heaven. She loved to see all the colors of M&M's on the wall. I think she would have stayed there all day if we would have let her.
Later that night, Krista and Brooke wanted to try gambling for the first time. They both had beginners luck! Krista walked away with $100.00 and Brooke almost $800.00. Fun for them! Instead of gambling I walked around with Baylee. We went to a lion show in the MGM Grand and saw it twice. Then we headed across the street to the Excalibur to play games and SHOP some more.
After a couple hours of playing games we went on the Sponge Bob 4-D ride. Finally it was time to drive back to St. George, but not before we drove down the Strip so Baylee could see all the lights. She loved it but we wore her out and she fell asleep before we even got half way down.
Gotta start savin' now! Can wait until next year!!
June 12-15, 2009

4 comments:

Kathy said...

What fun! I am Dan's Aunt Gayle's daughter. She gave me your blog address so I can keep up on it (since she doesn't do computers) and let her in on your lives.

Kim Pedersen said...

WOW!! Looks like a FUN, and VERY FULL weekend!! How awesome!

Kristie said...

Wish I could have seen you! What a fun girl trip! We need one!

Jason and Kimber said...

I love girl trips and especially when it is in St.George. How fun for Baylee to be able to go too! Hope you guys are doing well.