Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fun Under The Stars

If anyone really knows me, they know that I always have some sort of crazy project that I am involved in and stressing over! Whether it's with my girls, church calling, dental stuff, my husband or just life. Well life threw me for a loop on Father's Day. Dan and I were called to be a Ma and Pa for our Stake Trek. Our Stake was headed to Martin's Cove in Wyoming for 4 days. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and an experience our Stake Presidency said "would change our lives". Awesome right? Well yes, except for the fact that they gave us 2 weeks notice and expected us to have everything together the other Ma's and Pa's had who have been working on this for the last 7 months. EEEK! Plus they asked us the same week as Baylee's birthday party, birthday, and baptism. NO STRESS!?!? I cried for 2 days trying to figure out how I was going to do EVERYTHING. Dan was a great support and stepped in to help. We had wonderful neighbors and parents who stepped in too and volunteered supplies, babysitters, stories, taking my other responsibilities with my YW calling, and everything else. Other Ma and Pa's called and helped also and miraculously everything came together. We were ready in one week with a week to spare (really we were walking--trying to get into better shape to master all the walking ahead of us, reading Pioneer stories, and praying for the Lord's help with this exciting last minute adventure. I felt better about going and stopped stressing (mostly). Then the very next day I ran into some health problems (sorry don't want to explain and NO I'M NOT PREGNANT!). I talked with my doctor and she suggested that I not go on Trek. WHAT??? I didn't know what to do!! My Dad came over and gave me a blessing with Dan and said I would be able to make the right decision to go or not. So for 2 days I prayed, prayed and prayed and on Friday morning I felt that I should not be going and didn't feel well either. I couldn't figure out why everything had fallen into place for us to go except for me. Even worse I felt bad for Dan that he wasn't able to go either. It was very frustrating! So to make a long story short we had a very stressful 2 weeks (thus the reason I'm soooo far behind on my blogging), 3 days off work (and we hardly ever take time off work), a Mom that felt like crap (to put it nicely) and nothing to do. Why do these things always happen to me I thought. Hardly ever does something happen right the first time for us. Usually there is some sort of a challenge involved!

Well my cute and very spontaneous husband that I love very much stepped in to lighten our Spirits and decided that we needed to go camping. First I thought, OK I can't go on Trek but I can go camping? How does that work? Well he meant camping in our very own backyard. He took care of everything! What a sweetheart!!

First it was time to set up the tent. The girls had fun "helping" if that's what you want to call it. Hey at least none of the poles broke right!?!


Then it was tinfoil dinners on the patio. They were so good!
OK, this was my favorite! S'mores over the BBQ. This was so fun, everyone loved it.
Best dang s'mores I've ever tasted. I love camping and s'mores over the fire but these were even better.
After our very tasty s'mores we headed into the tent. We played games for hours under the lantern. I know it was almost 1:00 in the morning before we finished the last game. Baylee who usually wins every game kept losing and Brinley won everything. It was pretty funny. I think Rylee wore herself out eating 4, yes 4 big s'mores. She was out after 1 game.
We slept with the rain fly off so you could see all the stars and the very BRIGHT moon. It made for a cool night. It didn't matter though, we snuggled into our beds and slept tight.
The sun came up fast and was very bright. The girls headed into the house and made us breakfast. What sweet girls I have!!
After breakfast, the girls wanted to go swim in the "lake". OK so it was our blow up pool but hey we were camping so to them it was the lake. They spent the entire day playing in the lake.
Life has slowly started to settle down, however every time I say that something new pops up. We enjoyed having Dan home for 3 days. That doesn't happen very often or ever. I'm sad we missed out on Trek, but I'm sure there will be a time that we get to go. Thank you to everyone that helped with our Trek preparations (you all know who you are!). We couldn't have gotten everything together on our own. Thanks also to everyone and their support with my crazy health issues. I'm very thankful for all of you and the service you have shown to our family. Seriously I should right a book with some of the adventures we have, actually I guess that's why I have a blog!


**July 9, 2009**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a fun idea and a great husband! I hope you are OK Heidi and doing better! You have such an adorable family!!! You should feel grateful you didn't have to go on the TREK....just kidding....or am I?