Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Scary Moment

Tonight we had a very scary moment. Our cute little Brinley Bear fell from the monkey bars. We were at our neighborhood park, Dan was coaching Baylee's soccer team and I was sitting in on a Neighborhood Watch meeting while Brin and Rylee were playing on the playground. About halfway through the meeting, I heard someone fall and hit the ground-hard. I looked and saw it was Brinley. I ran to her and when I got there she could not breath. Her face was turning red-fast! She wasn't moving much either. I heard my neighbor say that she fell on her lower back and bum. I tried to help her get her breath and laid her back slowly. Mean while one of the police officers there for our Neighborhood Watch meeting came running over to help. He could see that Brin was struggling. He immediately got on his phone and connected with the Unified Fire Department. The paramedics were on their way. Brinley was still having a hard time breathing and her eyes were rolling all over. She was in a lot of pain. I just wanted to pick her up and hold her, but I knew that I couldn't move her in case her back or neck was broken. Dan quickly came running over to us. Soon after the paramedics were there. They quickly checked her out. We sat there watching her for several minutes and she was getting better with every second. After they assessed her and told us that her back wasn't broken, we started to move her slowly. All she wanted to do was go home. They continued to watch her and offered to drive her to the hospital to have further testing done, but didn't feel like it was absolutely necessary. We all decided to take her home and watch her for the night. I called my Dad (who is our favorite paramedic) and asked if he would come over to check her. He agreed with the others that we should just watch her. As the night went on, she was moving a little more, but in pain. She was very sad and most worried about missing her 3rd day of kindergarten tomorrow. I told her we would see how she is in the morning. It was not the evening I was planning on. It was a very scary moment! I'm thankful for the kindness of so many people tonight stepping in to help. I think she'll be OK, but she'll be sore that's for sure.

2 comments:

Ashley Bennion said...

Totally Scary - You are all in our prayers!

judy wardle said...

I am glad everything is ok! I bet TREATS will make her feel better!!!!