Monday, August 3, 2009

4th of July 2009

I may be behind at posting this, but at least I'm getting it done (I guess)!! The 4th of July is one of my favorite Holidays (only if it's not a 100+ degrees outside). This year the weather was pretty nice, not too hot. It helped make for an extra fun day!
Why is it that I can only get Baylee to smile normal and Brin and Ry Ry love to pull faces?!?
We started the Holiday off with the Riverton Parade the night before. I can't remember ever missing this parade, well maybe once since I was a kid. We sit in front of Aunt Enda and Uncle Ruke's house, eat our Subways and wait for the taffy. You can count of getting plenty of taffy at this parade. They just keep throwing and throwing and throwing... Then it's time to get up early on the 4th and head to the park in Murray for breakfast with the Dowdles. We had so much food there we could have had breakfast every morning for a week. It was good food though and it's always fun to eat outside in the early morning!!
As Rylee would say, "Yummy, yummy to my tummies!"
The kids love to play at the park and ride their scooters on the Jordan River Parkway.
Most of the Dowdle cousins live out of state. These are the only kiddos here in Utah. Mindy (Dan's sister) has 3 boys--Nathan, Ben, and Collin.
After an afternoon nap for all of us, we headed to our neighbors, the Carter's, and had a BBQ. Bobbi always has good food for us. We enjoyed our food and then headed to the fireworks here in Riverton.

Our little buddies the Carter boys--Hudson, Canon, and Easton.
After watching the fireworks at Riverton Park, we headed back to Carter's house for more fireworks. I think we were the last 2 houses to go to bed that night. We just wanted to stay and play outside!

2 comments:

Aspen said...

What a great looking family you have! I love the matching dresses. You always have your girls looking so cute! Fourth of July is so fun!

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest Mom ever!!!!