Tuesday, August 25, 2009

When The Sun Goes Down...

We'll Be Groovin'...right on over to the Rio Tinto Stadium for the Kenny Chesney Sun City Carnival concert! Last February, my sweet little sister Krista gave me one of my all time favorite birthday gifts, a ticket to the Kenny Chesney concert that was coming in July. She bought one for my Mom also for Mother's Day. What a sweetheart! We all love Kenny and have seen him in concert every summer for the last 4 or so years. Krista told me they were good seats, but I didn't realize how good they were until we kept walking closer and closer to the stage...
We were right down next to it! Holy cow I'm thinking, how fun is this concert going to be!!! Fun, fun, fun!!
It was so HOT that night. It seriously was like a 120 degrees (and that's not an exaggeration) in that stadium. We were sweating so bad. We joked all night that Kenny was sweating on us because we were so close to him. Might I say he is a hottie with one sexy voice!

The concert was awesome! I filled all four of my camara disks up with pictures. He is quite the entertainer. We were groovin' all night!



We all had so much fun that each one of us bought a hat and t-shirt to remember this fabulous concert.









So my favorite part of the concert, well every part was my fav, but my absolute fav was when Kenny left the stage for a minute and came back out with a University of Utah hat on. Go Kenny!! The crowd went wild. How can it get any better than that? My favorite country man with my favorite sports team. AWESOME!!


The show opened with Lady Antebellum on stage. Great group! I didn't know many of their songs but loved their style. I will be looking forward to many great songs out by them in the future.



Following Lady A, Miranda Lambert came out on stage. Can you say Snooty! She's a little to "Redneck" for me. She put on a great show, but what an attitude she has. O-well, it was still fun entertainment!



Thanks Mom and Krista for a wild night! And thanks Krista for the fun birthday gift. That was one concert I'll never forget!!

**July 23, 2009**

No comments: