Thursday, November 12, 2009

Halloween Fun 2009

BEWARE OF THE SCARY MEGA HALLOWEEN POST...
Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love this time of year, dressing up, the delicious food, and the candy! My cute girls love it too. They spent a month on the computer deciding on their Halloween costumes.
Baylee had the hardest time deciding. She just couldn't make up her mind. After many long hours of searching for the right costume she came up with her Peaced Out Hippie attire.
She went into full character as soon as her costume was on. She boogied all night long and flashed the peace sign to everyone. Love it girl!!
Brinley has known for a while that she wanted to be Jasmine and what a beautiful Princess she was.
She walked around gracefully for the night and loved combing her beautiful long, black hair. What a beauty!!
Rylee was thrilled that she got to wear her Belle dress so much. She loves this dress and asked me everyday for a month if she could wear it (I had to finally hide it).
She twirled and danced around all night. Her favorite part was her "globs" (gloves). My favorite part was her eyelashes. We put make-up on her and her eyes were beautiful. Watch out boys!!
Dan is always creative! He comes up with his own attire at a cheap price. This year he dressed as Dwight Schrute from The Office (he LOVES that show!!). He spent a whopping $6.00 on his mustard shirt from the DI. He borrowed the tie and glasses and had the suit. He was in full character all night too, he even brought beets from the beet farm to the Halloween party we went to. What a nut!!
This year I couldn't make up my mind on what to be. At one party I was a Spider Witch. At another party I was Facebook (got the idea from Jim on The Office TV show). And on Halloween I had a "Bat Hair Day".
Halloween is always a fun and crazy time for us. This year we partied all month long. The girls had their Halloween Carnival at the school. We hung out there for hours playing games, doing fun crafts and activities. The cotton candy is always the favorite part. Brinley has a new friend named Brinley. They are in the same kindergarten class. Their teacher calls them Brinley D. and Brinley M. They had fun hanging out at the carnival.
Then the youth in our ward host a Halloween Party for the Primary kids. We have some great youth in our ward. The kids had a blast playing all the games there. It was crazy fun!!
It's tradition to make our favorite sugar cookies every year for Halloween. I had my 3 little helpers "helping" me. Really it was more of a big mess but that's OK we had fun. The cookies were so delicious!!
My sweet sister had a big Halloween party, however she doesn't look so sweet in her bloody police outfit. We had yummy taco soup and played Halloween Bingo. I won Twilight prizes--yippy!!
We stopped by Grandpa Dowdle's house to wish him a scary Halloween. We had pictures with Dan's sister Mindy and her family. Say cheese...
To top our Halloween off we finally went Trick-or-Treating. We went to the Carter's house and partied with the neighbors. There was more yummy food and lots of fun. The kids had a blast getting all the candy. It didn't take long for them to have it spread all over the floor and eating it.
I love, love, love Halloween. It's a good thing it's over, I think I gained 10 lbs from all the food and parties!!

2 comments:

Jason and Kimber said...

Wow! Great costumes. Your girls are adorable. Hope you guys are doing well. Your yard is beautiful. I would hear Dan (Dr. Dowdle--it is weird for me to call him Dan) talk about yard work, he wasn't kidding. Tell him I think I like the Edward costume better even though this year was creative.

Kristie said...

Wow you guys were busy! Dan's costume was awesome! Your girls are cute as always!!