Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pumpkin Carvin' 2009

My 3 little girlies were so excited to carve their home grown pumpkins this year. They had so much fun watching THEIR pumpkin grow all summer long.
Cleaning out the guts is sooo messy!
Oooey Goooey!
Brinley even got pumpkin guts on her head. She was trying to look inside her pumpkin and went a little too far in.
Rylee loved it. This is the only time she can make a big mess and get away with it.
The top green pumpkin is Baylee's she painted at school and named Frankin' Poo. The next one down is Brinley's. She wanted the whole family on her pumpkin. We only cut out one person and she drew the rest on. That one person took a while to cut out. The bottom pumpkin is Baylee's also. She cut out a Tiger and it was her own design. She wouldn't let any one help her or see what she was doing.
The big U was Dan's this year. I usually do the U but let him do it this time. Our neighbors give us a bad time because we like the Utah Utes so much. My pumpkin is a bat. I never go into this much detail for pumpkin carving but thought it would be fun to do this time. It took way too long (thus the reason Brinley only got one person cut out of her pumpkin!). It took forever and made it hard to help the girls. It was fun though. I think I'll stick with the U next year.
Rylee wanted Polka dots. Her idea. It turned out crazy though. I bought a LCD light to put in a different pumpkin this year and it had colored flashing lights (I didn't notice that when I bought it) so we put it in her pumpkin and it was like a disco ball. She loved it!!
I love Halloween and carving pumpkins!!

No comments: