Monday, November 17, 2008

And So It Begins...

Rylee has only been 2 for a week now and I wanted to remember her first week of the TERRIBLE TWO's. So we started off at the store shopping for Dan's Birthday. She kindly let the entire store know that she was there by SCREAMING, CRYING, and THROWING things off the shelves. Needless to say I had to leave our shopping cart, which was full of items, and walk out of the store. She reminds me of a Baylee incident some years ago when I was cited for kidnapping my own daughter at Target. Oh the memories!! Then in one week she gave herself a facial with blue toothpaste, emptied 3 brand new Kleenex boxes, helped herself to an entire box of fruit snacks while I thought she was taking a nap, emptied both book shelves I don't know how many times, unrolled the toilet paper out into the family room--twice, wrote on my newly painted walls, sang as loud as she could at church when everyone else wasn't singing and it was suppose to be a quiet time, undressed herself down to the nothings 3 to 4 times a day, she climbed up on the kitchen table and was jumping on it, pulled the bar stools over to the cabinets were the gum is, climbed up on the counter, got the gum off the top shelf and managed to eat half the package, had a few more temper tantrums, came up to me and gave me a spankin' and told me to be nice as I was getting after Brinley for something, she kept sneaking into our food pantry--helping herself to whatever she wanted including Baylee's Halloween candy, gave herself a bath in my favorite lotion, and crawled out of her play-yard every time we put her to bed. She's been sleeping in that because she keeps climbing out of her crib falling to the ground. We figured that with the play-yard she wouldn't have to fall so far. Oh and she snuck outside in the front yard and was in the flower bed trying to pick a dead flower. To top the week off though, she ended up in the Emergency Room getting stitches. She fell at my cousin's wedding reception off a chair and cut her chin. I was helping with the food so Dan had to take her to the ER. The doctor put 4 stitches in Thursday night and by Friday night she had all 4 stitches out. She kept pulling on them and I kept covering them up with a band aid. I went through a box of band aids Friday trying to keep her from touching them. It didn't work. She is only 2 and this is the 2nd time she has had stitches. The first time was last spring when she bit her tongue almost off. She had to have 10 stitches to fix that one.


I have to remind myself all the time that this is only a phase and it too shall pass. I just hope fast!! It's not that I'm not watching her, I am. I have a pile of "stuff" needing to get done but can't get to it because I am always cleaning up a mess. While I'm cleaning up one mess she is into another. I've even tried putting her in her bed to keep her contained but she climbs right back out. I put her upstairs in the toy room and she climbs over the gate and comes back downstairs. She's very quiet and fast. We've decided that she may be the boy we never had.

4 comments:

Kim Pedersen said...

I feel your pain! We too have a two year old that goes from one mess to the next! He is by far the WORST we have had! :) All I can say is take deep breaths, and just try to laugh about it! Although I know it can sometimes be VERY HARD!

Gidgit said...

Rylee is such a little character. You definetly have your hands full with that one, but she is adorable. I am sorry to hear about her chin, but glad she is ok. Hope all is well with you guys and i will see you soon.

Kristie said...

Wow!! She is into everything!! I just told someone last week about the kidnapping incident at Target! HaHa!! Just thinking about all that she's been doing makes me stressed!! And what do you mean the boy you never had...you're going to try for that boy right?? She's tough- pulling out those stitches. OUCH!!

Tania said...

I can SO relate. You can tell she's related to Jacob & Jane - this sounds just like them!

I was in the store the other day and Jane was strapped in the cart, SCREAMING, and throwing herself against the sides of the seat to try and get out. Three different people stopped me to ask what was wrong with her. "She wants me to hold her." She's a strong willed child - also quiet and fast ... so I don't think I'll take you up on the sale offer.